Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dress Up Day

They had a retirement dinner for the people that were retiring and leaving the field. You either had to wear Mexican getup or dress up. So instead of going and paying for some stuff that I know our kids won't really won't want to wear we decided to do the dress up thing.
Peanut enjoyed her supper very much!
Tink didn't want the night to be over and to take her shoes off.
Peanut is getting so big. She is definitely a little Tennessee girl. She does have shoes but would rather not wear them.
Tink........ well....... being Tink!
This is the only pic I got of Coo. He was too cool for his parents this night. He wanted to just run around with his friends that he hadn't seen in over a year.
Tink LOVED her dress. She kept wanting to just twirl.........
........... then it would take her a minute to stop seeing the room spin.
This night was one of my favorites. Being able to celebrate with those on the field was so exciting. One of the men that was retiring reminded me so much of my papa. He was tall and the sweetest man. Him and his wife were on the field for over 20 years. They moved back to the states because of her health and which she soon passed away. He decided to go back on the field as a widow and serve another 4 years! His testimony was AMAZING and I hope to serve the LORD as he did. Giving Him the glory in the good and in the bad. He was 78 years old. Yes that is not a typo, 78 years old. Can you imagine being on the field alone at that age? Completely having faith in the LORD. I will NEVER forget this man. I tried to go up and talk to him but I literally would just start crying and not able to say anything. I believe it was a mix of him reminding me such much of papa but also just seeing that light that you always tell others that christians have. He seriously had a different light about him. You could just see the joy in his smile. Thank you Mr. Jim for all your hard work and dedication to telling others about GOD'S love! I KNOW you will continue to while in the states!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Thats amazing Katie!! To be 78 and STILL serving the way he does...It just shows that, even when life changes, and in his case, losing his wife, were STILL called to do something great for the Lord..Im thankful for you and Darin everyday for serving in this way, and VERY much PROUD of you both for sacrificing,,sometimes I wish I could be there w/you..Love you guys, the kids looked cute in their outfits!!