Monday, September 13, 2010

Last Day of Retreat

We had an AMAZING retreat. We were able to worship in our native tongue, meet other missionaries that deal with our same struggles, had tons of encouragement all week and may I add....... the kids had a blast.
Before the kids big performance of the night we let them play on the playground to get rid of some nerves!
Tink doing her favorite thing at the park, swing!
Saddle Ridge Ranch was the VBS theme. A team from the states came and watched the kids the entire week doing VBS with them while we attended our meetings.
I was so proud of how well they picked up on the songs and were not scared one bit to perform them in front of EVERYONE! I was so impressed. If you haven't seen the video of them singing of facebook then lucky you........... you get a chance to see it now. RIGHT NOW. Just go to the bottom of this page and it will make your day so much better!
After all the performances and handing out bibles to the graduates we all enjoyed a little bonfire. It was the first time for Tink to ever see a REAL fire.
She was a little cautious.
Coo Coo got right in there and roasted him some marshmallows!
Daddy and his princess!
I took Peanut back to the room because the smoke was too strong and she was getting tired. I had to take a picture though because the team even made her a little onesie that matched all the kids shirts. It was so adorable.
Is she not the cutest Peanut you have ever seen?
Seriously........... try to get a picture of these two?
I mean, REALLY? What was I thinking. Especially them just getting back from a bonfire where they were all hyped up on roasted marshmallows.
Had to get one of Tink in her traditional pose. Which her daddy is the one that taught her this.
Thank you for such an amazing week!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Oh, I love VBS time!! We also did Saddle Ranch last yr I believe...I love little peanut, and her shirt they made JUST for her!! How sweet..