Wednesday, February 17, 2010

El Dia de Amistad

We loved having Valentine's Day here in Mexico. It is so different than in the states. It is all about people you love like your family, friends, neighbors and church family.
Here is Darin trying to help me make some cake mix cookies. I didn't think they were going to be very good but thanks to Darin and my mom they turned out pretty good.
This is one of the few pics I could actually get of Avery smiling.
Poor Ashlyn, this is what she did while we got the cookies and lunch ready!
Like I said, my mom helped us out. I called her to tell her that my motor on the hand mixer smelt like it was burning because the batter was so thick. So she said to just mix it with your hand. So Darin gladly helped out with that part.
Here is the last pic of Avery people happy ;) She is even saying, "CHEESE"
This was Sunday after church. Thanks Baga for the Valentine attire. They all looked adorable.
Avery is so upset because I wanted to take her picture. The girl means NO, when she doesn't want her picture taken! I just had to show Baga the shirt she got her. Don't think it is a picture that should go in a frame though.
Cooper was so happy about some of the treats he got at church. Everyone was handing out candy and notes.
Here is Avery........ still crying!
Since I am his Valentine I thought I should get a picture with him. I can't believe how big he is getting. He is standing on a table but still, he is growing so fast.
WOW! A picture of Avery crying and then Darin doing this.............
Cooper loves his sisters so much!
Our little photogenic baby. This is how Avery was when she was smaller. I hope that doesn't mean Ashlyn is going to dislike cameras as much as Avery does now.
Those beautiful blue eyes and long eyelashes. Every time we meet someone new that is what the comment on, our children's eyes and eyelashes.
Cooper thought he would sit in for Avery. So here is little Avery and Ashlyn! Our boy is such a little nut ;)
We had such a great Valentine's Day. We woke up, went to church, had a lunch at the church after the service and then later we had dinner at the Outback thanks to the Ostertag family for the gift certificates. It probably was one of the best sit down meals as a family. The kids don't know that you do sit down at places anymore. All the restaurants here have play places in them or some even have childcare. But we all sat down together and just enjoyed each other. Thank yo Lord for such a wonderful day with my family. We are seriously so blessed to not have only love for each other but a deep love from You.

No comments: