Friday, January 29, 2010

Last Days........

This was Nana and Papaw's last night with us before they headed back to Powell the next morning!
Cooper and Papaw enjoying their ride in the back of the van going over all the bumps!
Darin with his daddy.
Paul and Phyllis taking advantage of the beautiful Mexico weather.
Cooper discovered the little window in our bathroom. Thanks Darin ;)

Nana's attempt to get a Christmas picture of us.
Darin must have thought he was the only one that looked good since he cut all of us out. I know, I know, you had to send in a picture of yourself for something. Just a joke D!
We never would have thought that this would be our last picture with Papaw.
Here our 3 of the 12 grandchildren. I only knew Paul for a little less than 7 years but was so blessed to know him in that time. He was such an incredible man. You always want to be more like christ and he really thrived to be like that. He left a great impression on everyone he met. You wanted to talk to Paul, he just made you feel so special hanging on every word you had to say. I know Cooper, Avery and Ashlyn will never know how much on an incredible grandfather they had but pray that they will see him again one day!
Thank you Lord for allowing them to come when they did and for us not knowing the news or the word "cancer" then so we could have a good trip and memories with them instead of them being here and us dwelling on what was to come. Thank you Lord! We give you all the glory and praise!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for posting all the pictures of Paul even though I cry everytime I see them. I still love looking at them. I wish now that I had put the picture of all of us on the Christmas card because it was your last picture with him. He loved all of you so much and loved the trip even though he started feeling sick. I wish he could go with me again, but we will see him again one day. Thank you God that I have that hope. I love you, A very sad Mom/Phyllis/Nana.

Gina McNelly said...

Katie:
Thank you for the sweet tribute to Dad. He was a great father to us all. I am up late because I can't sleep. Mom told me that you had posted some new pictures and I wanted to see them. Of course now I am crying. Cooper is right, we are sad. I miss him so much! Praise God we will see him again someday!